- Always ensure that your goods will fit into the storage unit you select. Ministorage trained staff will help you to find the unit that suits you. We do recommend that you visit the chosen facility to verify that your unit meets your needs and recommend you reserve your unit in advance in order to avoid disappointment
- Ensure that you use a removal company that comes with reliable recommendations. Mini Storage Recommend Michael Mohan Transport Service (086-2623365) in Dublin and Move4Less in Cork www.move4less.ie We are also happy to offer free use of our Mini Storage Trailer to help with any move ins.
- Determine the packing accessories that you need. Mini Storage Dublin & Cork sell a complete range of packing and storage materials to assist with the safe secure storage of your goods.
- Utilise your space – pack smaller items in spaces e.g. cupboards, lockers etc
- Do not store goods on top of soft furnishings during move as goods may bounce off and get damaged
- Clean white goods prior to storing. Defrost fridge and freezer, not forgetting to leave doors open to aid ventilation whilst in store
- Use bubble wrap on polished furniture and mirrors etc. to avoid damage
- Clean your garden equipment prior to storing and don’t forget to drain fuel from any petrol driven items
- Label each box clearly using a Mini Storage marker pen to easily identify items you require later
- Individual alarmed units each sized to suit your storage requirements.
- Full record storage offering using barcoded tracking available as an alternative option.
- On site meeting rooms available on an hourly bases.
- Shelving available to suit each storage unit size.
- Free up expensive office space and get immediate return on investment.
- Flexible offerings allow for combination of your own unit with full service offering incorporating pick up and delivery.
- We can provide a team which will catelog and box all your files and transport them to the storage solution of your choice.
Some woods can be sensitive to moisture consider waxing wood furniture before storing. Disassemble bed frames and tie them together. Use zip- lock bags to store screws and bolt and tape them to the items that they belong to. If you stack furniture items, place pads, blankets, or towels between them to prevent scratching. Stand mattresses on end, as well as sofas with pallets or cardboard under them. It is a good idea to wrap mattresses in mattress bags or cover them with paper or cloth. Stand mattress on something to allow airflow and to prevent moisture from getting to them. Walls may develop condensation; therefore it is not advised to lean items against the walls.
Pictures and Mirrors
Wrap pictures that are small and stand them on end in boxes. For larger ones, buy special picture moving boxes. Consider using foam or bubble wrap.
It is a good idea to use the original boxes. If you don’t have them, pack items carefully and use cushion material. Bubble wrap, cushion foam, and even wadded up newspaper will help. Pack items separately. Tie down tone arms for record players. Stack record albums on end to prevent warping and use small boxes to hold down the weight. Consider the temperature as heat can warp CD’s and record albums.
Crystal, China, and Fine Glassware
Consider buying boxes designed for this with dividers. Wrap each item with paper or foam. Label boxes with glass items and stack these on top. Add packing material to both the bottom and the top of the moving boxes.
Clothing, Curtains, Drapes
It is a good idea to store drapes and clothing hanging on non-rusting hangers. You can buy moving boxes designed for this. They are called wardrobe boxes. You can use drawers to store some items and to conserve space. If storing wool items, use cedar chips and or mothballs to prevent moth damage.
Kitchen & Laundry
You can put several small appliances in a box. Be sure to put packing material between them. Label all moving boxes. It is a good idea to label moving box indicating what room it goes in and the items it contains. You can stack pots and pans with padding in between. Bowls can be packed in a similar fashion. One idea for your drawer-type stuff is to use plastic bags and pack these bags in a moving box. Always consider the weight of what you are putting in moving boxes. It is better to use 2 smaller moving boxes than one heavy one.
Tape doors shut while moving. Wedge doors open in self storage to prevent mildew. You can use this valuable storage space for items such as blankets and towels. Use up partial bottles and boxes of laundry/cleaning products and food goods before moving. You can place laundry items in the washer and dryer. Be sure moving boxes are taped shut and bottles will not leak. You can always use plastic bags to insure against leaking.
It might be a good idea to put a few drops of oil on items that might rust. Insure that these items don’t come in contact with other items.
Books and other valuables
Pack books together in small moving boxes. Big moving boxes of books can weigh too much. Store your valuable papers in plastic bags. Consider putting moving boxes on pallets or something to keep them off the floor.
Helpful Tips for Moving
Plan your move early, if possible. Notify your postal service. Change banks, if necessary. Put in change of addresses to all subscriptions and other mailings. Make sure you have a reservation for the equipment you need for the move: trucks, dollies, and other moving items. Have plenty of rope, tape and moving boxes on hand for packing and tying down.
Do not store combustibles, including paint and thinners. Purchase a good lock. Do not store perishables. Remove legs from tables, if possible.